The production cycle starts with raw material staple (wool, angora, nylon, silk, cashmere and other animal hair) which are combined to obtain an “intimate mixture” of fibers that may be raw or already dyed.
Highly innovative company in the textile complexEstablished by Miniggio family in 1952
Established by Miniggio family in 1952, the Filatura Lacfimi has become over the years an important and highly innovative company in the textile complex of Biella, specializing in traditional high level yarn of carded wool and using a full-cycle production plant located in Cossato in an area of 48,000 square meters.
Today it operates with the most important Italian textile companies by developing innovative and customer based solutions.
The departments"intimate mixture" of fibers that may be raw or already dyed.
The Filatura Lacfimi in detail has:
– 4 blending machinery
– 10 OCTIR Titano H. 2500 carding sets, 3 of them used only for white in a separate processing, 6 for light and dark colored and one dedicated solely to black and blue.
– 20 Automatic spinning machines with in total 6,000 spindles
– 2 spinning machines for sampling
– 9 automatic winding machines with LOEPFE ZENIT optical yarn clearers
– Additional processes of doubling, twisting, reeling and rewinding
– Quality control laboratory with USTER testing instruments
– Conditioning chamber
– Packaging (automatic and semi-automatic) and shipping